Featured Photo by Cala
*This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small percentage of sales, at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own. Thank you supporting GrowingSpang’s mission of encouraging moms and promoting family fun!*
Part of last weekend, I pretended I didn’t have family responsibilities and instead spent a lot of time researching Halloween. I would like to argue that it’s for my family’s benefit in the long run, actually. Anyway, I wanted to share some of the awesome seasonal things I found. I also pinned many of them to my Halloween board, if you want to check that out…you know, to do family event research. 😉
Whether you’re looking to avoid the popular costume or want to do a fun version of it, here’s my predictions for 2017 popular costumes: Batman, Wonder Woman, Pennywise the Clown, Belle, Leia, Moana, Despicable Me characters, and Unicorns. Find some of my favorite kid picks below! If you’re looking for the family coordination, I can’t get over some of the fantastic options over at HalloweenCostumes.com. They have a tool that you can put the different options together and see how they look as the group!
I think I finally figured out what we’re doing, and I have to say that I usually steer away from the popular choices. Although different, I don’t think our family one will disappoint this year! I’ll end up posting us on Instagram. 😉
- How cute are these green doll and me dresses?!
- Anna will be an ongoing classic for awhile…
- Is it just me that always thinks Tinkerbell is adorable?
- The magenta dragon cape is a great unisex option, especially for colder weather, and it actually comes in several colors!
- Moana…need I say more?
- Wonder Woman will be popular…but this fleece toddler version is just so cute!
- When I saw this Lego Batman version, I honestly wished it was in my size.
- The classic knight, but soft enough to sleep in and versatile enough for regular play!
- I just couldn’t get over the cuteness of the baby bear…another great one for colder climates!
Next, I went totally overboard with Halloween food and work appropriate / easier /small amount of makeup options. Check those out on the Halloween board!
I really want to share some of the fun activities for kids that are out there, though. I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for something different, for both my sanity and my daughter’s. Plus, holiday’s are a great time to get some traditions started. Here’s the roundup of my favorite ideas I’m likely going to try:
- Dreaming in DIY has an AWESOME Halloween craft roundup that actually isn’t cheesy or complicated. I’m having a hard time picking which ideas to try for this year, but I’m leaning toward the googly eye wreath and the floating candles, although I HAVE to locate a shoe to try that idea on next year!
- I love this 45+ kid craft roundup done by Sweet Rose Studio! Little miss and I are going to at least do the handprint spiders in a card web, and the felt pumpkin ideas. She’s two, so I’m looking for easy, but not cheesy! Things I would still bring out a few years from now are hard to find for a toddler – these fit the bill.
- Million Ideas Club has several hand and foot Halloween ideas that are actually cute! I’d love to do the 4-canvas idea, but I might wait another year just to downsize the smearing possibility. 😉
- These print and color masks over at It’s Always Autumn are easy enough for smaller kids to color, while giving bigger kids enough space to really make them their own!
- Kid Friendly Things To Do has an easy and inexpensive activity – a glow in the dark ring toss!
- If you have a really little, even they can get in the spirit with Clare’s Little Tot’s sensory bag idea that’s just so darn cute!
There you have it, basically most of my Halloween plans this year. 😉 I really want to start a few traditions for holidays going forward, and I love having crafts be a part of that, on top of having the perfect costume (in Halloween’s case). I hope you are able to grab some fun ideas for your family too here!
Do you already have some Halloween traditions? Was there an idea you found here that you love too? I would love to hear in the comments!
While you’re on my Pinterest, you could also follow my group parent board I host, which has (at the end of Sept 2017) 113 contributors, posting their original awesome content geared towards parents of all walks of life. It’s constantly being added to, and I love checking on it myself! Check out “The Parent Section” here.
Need a productivity boost?
Get our latest content and giveaways by email, no more than once a week. PLUS a FREE productivity infographic!